Tuesday, February 10, 2009

…It all makes me wonder what this might mean to future, more porous classrooms. As we stop resisting the networks, shielding our classrooms as sealed containers, designed to hold and protect both learners and that which is required to be learned — I wonder how porous classrooms might reshape themselves by the actions of the students. Might, in such classrooms, active differentiated instruction techniques become practically obsolete. Might free learners, engaged in a lifestyle of curiosity, inquiry, experimentation, and construction; supported by professional master learners, make education less an ordeal and more a habit. (David Warlick, Feb 5th) This is an extension of my previous post regarding technology in the classrooms and how Web 2.0 is slowly making its way into everyday, traditional classrooms. Maybe if I do as Warlick states, stop resisting, then I will be better able to absorb the idea that we are in a technological age and whether I like it or not it’s only going to be more so in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for leaving a comment on my class blog. I've been using a blog with my students for just over two years. It's been a great experience for all of us. My students have an authentic audience for their writing and enjoy the networking that happens through blogging. We also work on many global collaborative projects which allows us to use many online tools. I started small then slowly added technology as my confidence grew. Enjoy the journey as you and your students explore technology!
    Kimberly Brown
    www.tinyurl.com/haultain
    p.s. I was a GirlGuide leader for years and we made the stoves for our outdoor cooking.

    ReplyDelete